Location: TBA (MAINSTAGE)
CLICK HERE to enter online. Scroll down to read information, rules, and regulations.
The GALAXYCON LOUISVILLE Friday Runway Costume Competition will be “Runway” style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or home made costumes.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
- Best in Show: Award trophy
- Best Individual: Award trophy
- Best Individual – 2nd Place: Award trophy
- Best Group: Award trophy
- Best Group – 2nd Place: Award trophy
- Best Junior / Youth: Award trophy
- Judges’ Awards (3): Award trophies
- One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
- There is a limit of 50 entries.
- All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
- All contestants must fill out the entry form.
- All costumes must be PG and suitable for all ages.
- No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition and possibly the convention. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
- No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
What to expect at the contest:
When you first arrive at the show, there will be a COSPLAY BOOTH located at Booth #TBA in the Main Exhibition Hall. This is where all questions regarding the competition can be answered, and where you will need to go to sign up and/or check in.
Who can enter?
All attendees who have an event badge or bracelet for GALAXYCON LOUISVILLE can enter this contest. Participants can enter as individuals or in groups (up to 10 per group).
How do I sign up for the contest?
- There are two ways to register for the competition
- Register Online. This is the most preferred method. You will receive an email confirmation with your contestant #. When you get to the show, you will need to sign in at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH, where you will be given further instructions.
- Register at the convention. Participants will be able to sign up for the contest at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH, located in the Main Exhibition Hall. Fill out and return the entry form to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information.
- Register at the contest. Show up to the contest at least 30 minutes before it starts to check in and get registered.
- Any costume contest that is a RUNWAY style contest, i.e. Kid’s Costume Contest, Runway Costume Contest, and Late Night Contest shall accept entries at the stage up until the start time of the contest. This MAY cause the contest to start 5 – 10 minutes late. Acceptance of last minute entries is not guaranteed and is conditional on space left in the contest. To have a better chance at being in the competition, please fill out the form ahead of time.
- All entrants must show up 30 minutes prior to the competition for roll call in the Main Events room.
- All entries will be contacted back via email with a contestant # and check-in info.
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org